Friday, September 28, 2012

Pine River Library to host workshops on genealogy, Upcycled quilts for kids


Dear friends and neighbors,
What in the world is a “workshop”? I looked it up in “The American Heritage Dictionary”. They gave me two definitions:

1.      “An area, room, or establishment in which manual work is done.”

2.      “A regularly scheduled seminar in a specialized field.”

We have two of these coming up in our Pine River Public Library. If it is #1, there would need to be some construction done to our current space, so I think perhaps #2 is the more correct definition. Still, “…regularly scheduled…” is at issue. What we have, actually, is a one time “…scheduled seminar in a specialized field.”

The first of these will be Saturday October 6th, 2012, at 2:00PM. It is entitled “Ancestry Detectives Workshop” and will be presented by Rosemary Susens. I’m extremely excited about this one, since I know nothing about my ancestry. Perhaps Ms. Susens can give me some hints on how to search. If not me, then you. Plan to attend. This should be fun and informative.

The second workshop is “Upcycled Quilt Workshop” and is for children K to 3rd grade. For this one, sign-up is required. It is scheduled for Saturday October 13th, 2012 at2:00PM. Since size is limited to 15 participants, call the library and reserve your child’s space. (218-587-4639) I will be attending this workshop as well. I don’t quilt, but I do so love children.

Both of these workshops are funded by Minnesota Clean Water Land Legacy Amendment. Thank you, Minnesota.

 See you there.

Fondly,
Browser, the library cat

Printed in the Pine River Journal 27 September 2012

No comments: