Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas gift from the library!


Felice Navidad! Oh humans from all walks of life! Pine River Public Library wishes you the most loving of holiday seasons. As a tribute to this season of lights we are keeping the lights on more at the library! (This may also have something to do with budget, but why question it?) New hours after January 1, 2008:


Monday: 12:00 – 5:00
Tuesday: 10:00 – 5:00
Wednesday: 12:00 – 7:00
Thursday: 10:00 – 5:00
Friday: 10:00 – 3:00
Saturday: 10:00 – 2:00


I am sooo excited about this! It means more time for me to see you, oh valued patrons. More time for fresh water. More time for extra treats. More time for playing with friends. More time for… well, lots of things. I get lonely on those long weekends, especially during the dark days of winter. There are the “dog days of summer”, and then there are the “cat days of winter” when a cat likes to curl up in a comfy corner. I’m pretty sure this is a Christmas present just for me, this extension of hours. You may think it is for you. Not. It’s my gift this year. Thank you, Kitchigami Regional Library. Thank you Pine River Public Library. Thank you, patrons all. A special thanks to Muriel, head honcho of my home.

Have a wonderful holiday season, whatever that might mean to you. Say something nice to somebody else. Maybe even to a stranger! I do that all the time. It makes them smile and it makes me feel great.

Until next year, I remain,
Browser, the library cat.



Printed in the Pine River Journal Dec 19, 2007

No comments: