Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Author Visit and Movie Screening all in one week!


Hello, friends and neighbors.

Browser here to tell you about another reason why we are lucky to live in beautiful Minnesota. Minnesota Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment is bringing us another free Legacy Program.

This one is from children’s author, Patrick Mader. He will be at the Pine River Public Library June 18th at 2PM. Mr. Mader writes from his experiences growing up on a dairy farm. Since our hometown is a rural one, this will be fun for all of us living here.

 

I will be hosting the screening of “If Only CATS Could Talk”.  

Don’t miss this! This is stranger-than-fiction true story about two all American cats (one of them is yours truly) and the humans in their lives.

Danish film maker Signe Veje came to Pine River during Summerfest of 2012 to film me and my town. This documentary tells my story as well as the story of Frankie, my pen pal, in California. Ms. Veje has been entering this movie into Film Festivals around the world.

Who knew I would be a star? Well, actually, I did. The showing will be held at The Warehouse Saturday, June 22nd at 3PM. Only one day showing, so please come see me on the big screen!

Admission will be a donation for the Pine River Food Shelf or for Paws and Claws Animal Shelter. Tickets are available at our library or at the door. 

 Hope Muriel lets me go as well. I don’t want to miss this!

 

Until later, I remain

Browser, the library cat

No comments: