Young friends and neighbors and parents of same,
Soon, very soon, the summer reading program will commence. The theme is “Read to the Rhythm”.
My friend and ghost writer played in a band for many years and this theme rings true for her. We feel everybody should fill their lives with music.
Our summer reading program, as always, is divided into two groups: our younger readers ages 5 to 12, and our teen readers ages 13 to 18. Activities will, of course, be age appropriate.
We will be learning to dance! We will have a special guest who will tell us about different musical instruments. We will indeed have a wonderful time!
Here are the specifics:
- Sign up begins June 1st. Young people can pick up their reading logs at this time. (As an aside, humans tend to call their youngsters “kids”. This program is for human children, not baby goats.)
- This program continues from June 8th until August 1st.
- Thursdays are activity days. Children will need to sign up in advance.
- Prizes for reading are given out every week.
- By finishing all eight weeks, participants will have their names in a drawing for a larger prize and will be invited to the end of program party.Also the month of June, Story Times are being sponsored by the Pine River Lions Club. If you wish to sponsor a month of Library Story Times please contact the Pine River Library at 587-4639.