Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My last day at the Thorntown Public Library In Indiana


On Friday, I completed my tour of the Thorntown Public Library. I visited the Secret Garden, which was inspired by the book by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Here I am visiting with the Garden Kids.






I decided it was too hot to be outside, so I decided to check out the rest of the library. They have a great big juvenile Bald Eagle. Luckily it's behind Plexiglas, so it's much safer than it looks.








I also tried my paws at Bossing the Thorntown Public Library. I wanted to see what it was like sitting at the Boss Tober/Assistant Boss Karen Command Center.









The Command Center worked really well. I declared Monday, May 30 as a Day Off and it actually happened. I finished out my day of working and visiting by running the Circulation Desk for a while. The desk is about a bazillion years old, but it looks pretty snazzy because it recently go refinished.


After the work-week was done, one of Tober's AABs took me on a special trip.

You see, the Indianapolis 500 was this past weekend. The Indy 500 is an auto race, and this year's race was pretty big deal -- the race is 100 years old! That's, like, eleventy billion in cat years! First we had to go to the store and get supplies.

They even got me some cat treats for munching during the race!




When we got there, it was very, very windy, so it was hard to get a good picture of me. The AAB and her friend held me close so I couldn't be blown away. But from my seats, I got to see the very first Indy 500 winning car go around the track, The first Indy 500 was way back in 1911, so seeing that car go around was very cool. After that we heard Jim Nabors sing, and they played Taps, and we all thought of all of the men and women who have served our country so we animals and people can enjoy the freedoms that we have. Then the cars started going around and around and around!


During the middle part of the race we got up and walked a bit, because it got very hot and I needed a break from all the noise (sensitive ears). We found some yellow shirts to take a picture with.


Yellow shirts are nice men and women who work as Safety patrol for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. They help with crowd control, help give people directions around the track, and pose for pictures with world-famous library cats.





After my big day at the race, I came back to the library to send my story home, to my Pine River Public Library friends.


I've had a fun holiday weekend in Thorntown, and at the race! Now it's off to my next stop!








Until next time, Browser!

4 comments:

Kitikata-san said...

Browser, that is a great trip to Tober's I mean Thorntown's library! You are brave to be so close to that flying thing, even if it is i. A glass box. The race looks like a ton of fun! I am so glad you were in Tober's town!

ellie said...

Browser, u look like u had fun at Thorntown library. It was nice of Tober to let u sit in the boss' seat!

Anonymous said...

Wow...we have never ever been to a race track!

Browser the Library Cat said...

Thank You Tober for having me! It was fun and a great adventure!